to do list

envision : nap : whisper : laugh : caress : sing : love : consider : hug : create : wonder
but above all
—dance

Traveling Hopefully

"Not only is another world possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing."

-Arundhati Roy


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Women

I just saw this movie. I hadn't realized how much I'd like it. This scene is a celebration of older women. We are, if we are lucky, still just girls. One of the things I like most about being with other women is the fun and silliness that can ensue. Of course, I love men too. But, there's something wonderful about girls. It reminds me of a joke I read: What would the world be like if there were no men? It would be full of fat, happy women.

May we all dance far into our old age.

2 comments:

  1. Deal. Even after the days when I stop looking like Meryl Streep. And Cher. At the same time. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, Queen Irene. I will never look like either one of them. But I can sing like Cher! I'll just have to settle. :-)

    (BTW, my favorite part of that clip was the strong, old lady who tosses off the bundle of sticks to join the procession. That'll be me when I'm 90! lol)

    ReplyDelete